Shipping & Receiving Specialist
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist is responsible for all products shipped and received at Peterson’s Welding & Machine.
- Manages the shipment and receipt of all products, materials, and supplies
- Collaborates and communicates with logistics technicians, customer service representatives, service providers, and others involved in the shipment and receipt of products
- Tracks, traces, and updates the status of incoming and outgoing shipments
- Prepares items for shipping
- Crates large equipment
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe area
- Promptly unloads trucks and deliveries and sorts and stocks receivables
- Maintains an accurate log sheet of daily moves, documenting inventory, and counting accurately
- Engages with vendors and drivers with a positive attitude
- Provides additional backup support for other departments
- Makes deliveries and pickups as needed
- Scanning and sorting incoming and outgoing stock
- Receiving, stocking, and stacking
- Pulling, packing, and loading
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, multiline telephone system, copy/scan/fax machines, label makers and printers, MS office suite, JobBoss software.
While performing the duties of this job in the manufacturing environment the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud on occasion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The position also requires sitting in an upright position using a computer, keyboard, and mouse for extended periods.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, approximately 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Overtime required regularly.
Travel required during the workday – making deliveries, pick-ups and errand running
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent desired
- 6 months logistics, shipping & receiving required, preferably in a manufacturing environment
Additional Eligibility Qualification
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license with clean driving record
Peterson’s Welding & Machine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin or other protected class status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.