The maintenance mechanic is responsible for keeping the equipment at our facilities in good operating condition by performing preventive maintenance, machine tests, troubleshoots, removing technical issues, and performing emergency repairs. This will be accomplished following safety standards, keeping records, and maintaining supplies.
- Troubleshoot, Repair & Maintain various machines including Mills, Lathes, Waterjets, Lasers, Saws, Grinders etc.
- Inspect machines regularly for signs of malfunctions, including visual inspections, listening for irregular noises and conducting scheduled testing as appropriate.
- Monitor, identify and respond promptly to signs of malfunction in machinery such as changes in performance, temperature fluctuations, sounds, smells or atypical energy usage; perform troubleshooting for production machinery.
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance and service for each piece of equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs on various types of machinery, including mechanical, electric and hydraulic; identify and replace worn or damaged parts in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job functions.
- Maintain machinery and the adjacent workplace in a state of appropriate cleanliness; create and maintain a schedule for inspection, service and testing of machinery.
- Read and comply with work orders concerning service, modification or installation of machinery.
- Work effectively with other team members in a loud environment.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly conditions and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Assists in other areas as needed such as machining, fabrication, inspection, building/grounds maintenance.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Strong mechanical and manufacturing experience
- Driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to walk, stand, and lift heavy objects for an extended amount of time
- Ability to act competently in emergencies
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical or maintenance specialties
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The building is climate controlled.
This position requires travel between our 2 locations on the east side of Green Bay.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 30 pounds or heavier.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 4:00 pm. OT is required. Saturdays occasionally required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Based on Experience
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or graduation from a certified technical school, preferred
- 3 to 5 years of related experience, preferred.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Skill in maintaining CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- Good communication abilities
- Ability to operate with little to no supervision & direction
Peterson Welding & Machine Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or other protected class status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.