A CNC Machinist Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
Our Machines are all newer model Mazak. We provide ample tooling options and personal workspaces.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling, turning, etc.
- Understand specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading blueprints, mechanical drawings etc.
- Translate instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate required number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Perform all secondary and manual machining functions required to produce a quality part
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean, orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures.
- Completes and maintains paperwork for parts.
- Assists in other work areas as needed such as assembly, inspection, building/grounds maintenance.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Mathematical Skills.
- Mechanical Capacity.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. The building is climate controlled.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position requires frequent lifting, pushing and pulling objects that are 30 pounds or heavier.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 6:00 am to 4:00 pm. OT is required. Saturdays occasionally required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour
Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or graduation from a certified technical school, preferred
- Minimum one year of related experience, preferred. Willing to train the right person.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Skill in operating CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
Peterson Welding & Machine Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities as well as other qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin or other protected class status.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our ideal machinist will be able to read prints, program, set-up, produce parts, inspect parts and modify processes and programs to compensate for changes and challenges all while working with minimal supervision and will be capable of running several machines at once when the work allows.