Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable Specialist
Reports To: Owner
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of AP invoices, including the payment of invoices to vendors, as authorized by Management. Responsible for the AR duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include the following:
- Maintain vendor information in the Accounting System.
- Prepares an estimate of payables for each week’s Accounts Payable Check Run.
- Reviews account coding for accuracy and ensures appropriate approvals are obtained.
- Match purchase orders with both material receipts and vendor invoices.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to provide support and problem resolution.
- Create weekly aging analysis reports.
- Process ACH’s and wires into the bank web portal.
- Process and mail checks.
- Maintain voucher files.
- Reconcile vendor accounts monthly.
- Reconcile month end aging schedule to general ledger.
- Prepare monthly accrued payables entry as required.
- Maintain customer information in the Accounting System.
- Distribute daily invoicing to customers and internal parties when required.
- Post invoices directly into customer portal (when applicable).
- Apply received funds to outstanding invoices.
- Post payments to the general ledger.
- Send statements and dunning letters to customers.
- Work directly with customers to investigate and resolve invoicing discrepancies.
- Assist in the collection of past due receivables.
- Responsible for running credit checks & the setup of new customers in AR system.
- Retrieve and store Previous Day Reports from various bank sites.
- Post cash receipts to the appropriate customer accounts and properly classify any miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Record automatic debit transactions to the appropriate supplier and general ledger codes.
- Process cleared checks into system.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of the cash and outstanding check accounts.
- Responsible for fulfilling various audit requests in a timely manner.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must be detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Intermediate to advanced Office 365 skills (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with JobBoss a plus.